Relate to period bloating?
I think that we can all agree that period bloating sucks! But in addition to Spanx, there are some other ways to reduce bloating during periods. Leave from work during menstruation is a workplace right in some countries like Japan. Bloating starts well before your period starts and is caused by hormone fluctuations. You may also experience
- Food cravings
Creating relief yourself to reduce bloating during periods
Some foods are acidic and cause bloating like black coffee. Alcohol dehydrates you. As a result, the following steps may help reduce your uncomfortable bloating:
- Reduce your intake of salt. When you consume too much salt, your body holds onto the water in foods that you drink and eat.
- Processed foods contain salt
- Focus on eating fresh fruit and vegetables
- Drink plenty of water
- Reduce your alcohol and caffeine intake
Medications can help
- Birth control medications containing hormones that help regulate menstrual symptoms
- Diuretics help reduce fluid in your body. Dr. Nangrani will assess your symptoms during your consultation.
Call 281-298-5476 and come in for an appointment with Dr. Nangrani. Together, you will discuss your problem with bloating during periods. As you make your scheduling call, the medical assistant may suggest forms for you to fill out before your visit. You may find them on a link on this website.
Woodlands Functional Family Medicine is minutes from Interstate 45 (Houston’s North Freeway) in The Woodlands. So easy to find and easy to get to! We look forward to seeing you and your child soon!
Info source: Healthline.com