Wellness check for your child
Your child’s first visit with us may be a well-child exam or child wellness check. These exams allow the doctor to monitor and track the child’s development and behavior. The doctor looks for any unusual characteristics or abnormalities that may help guide her in understanding your child.
- As we get to know your child, we will
- schedule immunizations to prevent illness
- learn about the child’s nutrition—is she a good eater, or does he refuse carrots?
- safety practices at school and home.
- We will track your child’s growth and discuss the child’s development.
- What milestones have the child passed?
- Is learning at home and school a problem or a joy?
- How does the child behave socially with other children and with adults?
- As a result, you and your child will develop a strong relationship with Dr. Nangrani, your trusted doctor.
How often should my child visit the doctor?
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services recommends seven well-child visits between the ages of 1 and 4.
- 12 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 24 months
- 30 months
- 3 years
- 4 years
After four years of age, it’s recommended that children visit the pediatrician for an annual child wellness check.
Source for visits: www.mana.md
To schedule a child wellness check, call 281-298-5476 and come in for an appointment with Dr. Nangrani. Together, you will discuss your child’s development and behavior and put together a plan to track your child’s wellness. As you make your scheduling call, the medical assistant may suggest forms for you to fill out before your child’s visit. You may find them on a link on this website.
Woodlands Functional Family Medicine is minutes from Interstate 45 (Houston’s North Freeway) in The Woodlands. We look forward to seeing you and your child soon!